If there is any one general cookie generalization, it's "everyone is a cookie monster at heart." Cookie variations seems limitless. These are a variation on my peanut butter cookie for a European friend who doesn't have an infinity for peanut butter. I thought why not replace it with almonds. More fancy, too. These cookies are super easy to make and "paleo" with no grains or starches, but still has sugar. I think these are even fancy enough for an Academy Awards party. As a matter of fact, I put this batch in the freezer and will pull out on Sunday for an Oscars party I'll be attending.
Almond Butter Cookies:
- almond butter, 1 cup (255 grams)
- almond flour, blanched, 1/2 cup (70 grams)
- brown sugar, 1/2 cup (110 grams)
- cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
- vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- eggs, room temperature, 1 whole + 1 white
- almonds, for garnish, about 30
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a wood or silicone spatula, mix together everything but the eggs. Only mix just until everything comes together. Do not over mix, or it will start to separate. Now add in 1 whole egg and the 1 egg white. Mix very gently until just until incorporated. Again, do not over mix.
- On a sheet of parchment, using a portioner/scooper/spoon measure out about 1/2 - 3/4 ounce of dough. Allow space between the cookies. Gently squash with something flat like the bottom of a measurement cup. Then push a single almond in the center. Bake for about 14 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on rack. Makes about 2- 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
The Sensitive Epicure
This is part of Food Network's Comfort Food Feast. Check out The FN Dish. This week we're focusing on cookies. On twitter, we're tagging #ComfortFoodFeast. Here are other amazing cookies to drool over:
Jeanette's Healthy Living: Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Quinoa Oat Cookies
The Heritage Cook: Meyer Lemon Shortbread Cookies with Meyer Lemon Curd
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: French Palmiers
Weelicious: Homemade Oreo Cookies
Devour: Top 5 Chocolate Cookies
Taste With The Eyes: A Korean Sweet Treat - Hwa Jeon with Honey and Flower Petals
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Cornmeal Thumbprint Cookies with Chocolate Ganache Filling
Red or Green: Chocolate, Almond and Ginger Cookies
Domesticate Me: Healthy Dark Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies with Cherries and Sea Salt
Food for 7 Stages of Life: Rose and Cardamon Nankhatai (Eggless Indian Shortbread Cookies)
Virtually Homemade: Oatmeal Caramel Skillet cookie with Marshmallows and Chocolate
The Sensitive Epicure: Almond Butter Cookies (Gluten-Free)
FN Dish: Cookie Comfort